Google Duo is basically an application developed by Google for making video calls. It smoothly works on Android and iOS-based devices. It was released back on the 16th of August in 2016 and from then there was no turning back. The application is performing pretty well for their users by serving them high definition video calling.
It has been specially optimized for low bandwidth networks. The end-to-end encryption is automatically enabled from the beginning by default. It works after fetching the data from phone directory i.e. allowing the user to call someone on their directory. The additional features introduced in it helps in seeking a better experience.
The installation process of the Google duo is quite simple and easy. Just follow the below-stated steps and you are all good to go with using this application.
- Step1 – Visit the play store or app store as per device configuration.
- Step2 – Search the application by its name and download it to your device.
- Step 3 – Open the application and fill the necessary details i.e. name, number, etc.
- Step 4 – Give all the permissions to the application.
- Step 5 – Verify your account by filling the OTP you got on your number.
Features of Google duo
- Simple interface – Google has made easier for their users to connect with people by giving a simple interface. Just tap on the number of your loved one and jump right into calling.
- High-quality video calling – Google has given their best while developing this application, therefore the user experiences more reliable video calls with brilliant quality despite the fact – either device is connected to WI-FI or Mobile data.
- Knock knock – This feature allows the user to acknowledge who is calling them before picking up the call.
- Video messages – Leaving a video message is one of the best options left behind when your loved ones fail to pick up calls. The option of video message allows the user to capture every single moment that they wanted to share.
- Voice calls – Voice call has also been introduced in Google duo for the moments when the user is not very much into video calling.
Read More: Google Duo For Blackberry
Pros of Google Duo
- Simple and fast – the application is quite simple to use and responds fast. The user faces no complexities in settings and all. Tap on the single button for starting the call and ending it as well.
- Phone number – the user just need a single phone number to sign-up on this application. Users just need to provide a number and verify it using OTP.
- Video quality – Google Duo is right now the best video calling application available and the simple reason behind it is that it serves good video quality even in the lowest bandwidth.
Another thing is the privacy of users has also been concerned over here by Google while developing it. The system is encrypted from end-to-end by default. Therefore, the user can lay back as no one can snoop into their privacy.